Task 1:
Read the following adjectives for emotions and identify which words describe a positive, neutral or negative feeling. Write down (p) next to the word to mean positive, (n) to mean neutral, and (na) to mean negative. If necessary, look up unfamiliar words in a dictionary. Some words may fit into more than one category.
Task 2:
The list above contains adjectives to describe emotions. Where possible, change them into nouns.
ambivalent
ambivalence |
discouraged
discouragement |
overwhelmed
|
annoyed
annoyance |
embarrassed
embarrassment |
regretful
regret |
anxious
anxiousness |
enthusiastic (p)
enthusiasm |
relieved
relief |
apprehensive (n)
apprehension |
frustrated
frustration |
shocked (n)
shock |
concerned
concern |
furious
furiousness |
thrilled
thrill |
content
content |
grateful
gratefulness |
Uneasy
unease |
defensive
defensiveness |
grieving
grievousness |
vulnerable
vulnerability |
determined
determinedness |
miserable
miserableness |
wary
wariness |
disappointed
disappointment |
optimistic
optimization |
upset
upset |
Task 3:
Choose five of the emotions from the list above. For each emotion, describe a situation you have experienced that made you feel this way.
I have immigrated to Canada almost 1 year. This year is very hard to me. I have become anxious
for our life at Canada. When I first came to Canada with my family, I was very optimistic. However,
as time went by I become discouraged, because I can not find a profession job. I had twice telephone
interview from some companies, but I have failed because of my English skills is not enough good.
My wife is content about Canadian life. She always tell me "Don't worry, you can find a professional job.".
She believe determined me.
No comments:
Post a Comment